WASHINGTON STATE LEGISLATIVE
Reported by Michael Partridge, NWPVA Legislative Director at the January 2017 Meeting of the NWPVA Board of Directors:
- JANUARY 6, 2017 – VLC Meeting
Discussed Legislative Reception to be held on January 13, 2017.
- JANUARY 13, 2017 – Legislative Reception
The reception was well attended by legislators and staff, providing a great time to reengage with our legislators.
- JANUARY 13, 2017 – New Veteran Bills
As of this date, fifteen new bills pertaining to the military and veterans have been introduced in the legislature. Three bills of particular note include:
- HB 1180 Enhancing recreational opportunities for disabled veterans
- HB 1056 Concerning consumer protection for deployed veterans
- HB 1230 Modifying qualifications for disabled veterans to receive free license plates.
Received from the Washington Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA):
2017 WDVA Legislative Listserv
You can find more information on each of these bills by clicking on the bill number below, or by visiting www.leg.wa.gov . Or if you have questions about a particular bill, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Washington State – Legislature Home
Provides extensive public access to state senators and state representatives as well as legislation
Check the WDVA Legislative Updates page for updated information throughout the week!
The first day of the Regular 2017 Legislative Session was January 9, 2017 and the session will last 105 days.
The Legislative cut-off calendar is available here: http://leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/cutoff.aspx
The first committee cut-off day is February 17th for policy bills to pass out of policy committees.
Veteran / Military bill tracking as of January 27, 2017.
* This is a list of bills being monitored, not a list of bills endorsed or requested by WDVA.
Communications and Legislative Director
Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
(360) 725-2154 “Serving Those Who Served”