News from WDVA
Have you RSVP’d for the Walla Walla Veterans Home Grand Opening?
We hope to see you there!
*Check out the WDVA Calendar for February Events*
(If you have regular events to post, ask us about becoming a WDVA Calendar Contributor!)
- VA to recognize tribal organizations as Veteran representatives – VAntage point
- Interested in Pursuing an Apprenticeship? – February 2
- Be sure to attend the Washington State Patriotic Day – February 25th
- Feds OK Using Yakima Armory to House Homeless Veterans
- Walla Walla Veterans Home Construction Almost Complete! Meet the Walla Walla Team!
- VCC Internship Opportunities
Walla Walla Veterans Home Logo is Unveiled!
Our thanks goes to everyone who submitted a design as part of this project!
Read the article and see the logo posted on Jennifer’s Blog:
Walla Walla Veterans Home Logo Unveiled and Upcoming Grand Opening
Get your copy of the January 2017 Voices!
2017 LEGISLATIVE SESSION BEGAN JANUARY 9, 2017
WDVA will list bills of interest to veterans and their families on our Legislative Updates website.
And you can sign up here and select ‘C Legislative Update’ to receive weekly email alerts on the status of bills impacting veterans and their families.
ALLIANCE NW REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVE!
Sleep Country Showplex
Puyallup Fair & Events Center
110 – 9th Ave SW Puyallup, WA 98372
What is Alliance Northwest?
Alliance Northwest is the largest business-to-government conference in the Pacific Northwest. This event features keynote speakers, high quality workshops, and matchmaking sessions with government agencies and prime contractors.
Who Should Attend?
• Businesses interested in selling to the government and prime contractors
• Prime contractors and government buyers seeking to outreach small and diverse businesses.
• VETBOSS is the promo code to get 50% off registration if you are a Veteran Owned Business. VETBOSS has to be capitalized as it is case sensitive.
VETERAN BUSINESS OWNERS
• Find out more about becoming a Washington State Certified Veteran Owned Business!
• There are several WA State Certifications for businesses, learn more about them and how they can help your business!
• Are you hiring? Let YesVets and WorkSource connect you with Veterans looking for work!
• Work Opportunity Tax Credit
• B&O or PUT Tax Credits for hiring Unemployed Veterans – New under Employer Incentive Programs!
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION WORKSHOPS
• SBA offers a variety of workshops, some online and others in person.
• SCORE offers workshops designed to give you the skills necessary to start your own successful business.
• Seattle: http://seattle.score.org/localworkshops
• Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 5 — Starting a New Business
• Feb 24, Mar 17 – Taxes on Small Business
• Feb 16, Mar 16, Apr 20 — Understanding Financial Statements
• Spokane: http://scorespokane.org/workshops
• Feb 1, Mar 1 — Starting a New Business
• There are also a number of online workshops available: https://seattle.score.org/onlineworkshops/tab-a
WDVA is Hiring! See the latest Open WDVA Positions here
Here’s a list of Upcoming Job Fairs
Don’t Miss Out on Veteran/Military Events Taking Place across the State!
Get Notified on WDVA Events
WDVA Facebook Events Tab: https://www.facebook.com/wsdva/events
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: Subscribe to our Facebook Events Tab and never miss out on an event. To subscribe: Click on the below link (WDVA Facebook Events Tab) and then click on the “Subscribe” button located on the top right side of the events menu bar.
Don’t have Facebook…No Problem!
Join our Listserv and/or visit our WDVA Website Calendar>/p>
Subscribe to WDVA Listserv: http://listserv.wa.gov/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WDVA&A=1
WDVA Web Calendar: http://www.dva.wa.gov/calendar
Find Out What Else is In the News on the WDVA Web Site.